How to request materials from the Library Search Catalog
1. Use Library Search catalog for Special Collections materials.
2. Look for the SPECIAL COLLECTIONS link under the “Get It” section of the page by expanding the drop-down menu to display items.
3. Click on the SPECIAL COLLECTIONS link to initiate your request in Aeon.
- If there is no option to request using the Special Collections link but Special Collections is listed as the location you will need to enter the information manually after logging in.
4. Log in to Aeon using your Kerberos credentials (UC Davis Faculty, Staff and Students) or your Aeon username and password (Non-UC Davis affiliates).
- If you do not have an Aeon account you can create one by following the steps on the Registration for Non-UC Davis affiliates page.
5. Review the information in the New Request form and make any necessary changes. Most of the information should automatically be entered when requesting through Library Search.
6. Make sure the Volume/Container field is complete (if applicable).
- Please only include ONE volume/container per request form. Items are paged individually so each must have their own request form. If you need to request multiple items from the same collection, please use the Clone Request feature.
7. Add any notes to Library staff in the Notes or Questions for Library Staff box.
8. Select your Anticipated Day of Visit.
- Select Anticipated Date of Visit if you know the date you will come to the Library to view the material. Materials will be retrieved for you and placed on hold. Please check your Aeon account to confirm that the item status is listed as “Available in Reading Room” before visiting. If you do not visit the Library to view your requested items, they will be returned to the stacks or off-site storage facility.
9. Click “Submit Request” to confirm.
Email SpecColl@ucdavis.edu with any questions regarding your requests.