How to request materials from the Library Search Catalog
1. Use Library Search catalog for Special Collections materials.
2. Look for the SPECIAL COLLECTIONS link under the “Get It” section of the page.
3. Click on the SPECIAL COLLECTIONS link to initiate your request in Aeon.
- If there is no option to request using the Special Collections link but there is a copy held by Special Collections you will need to enter the information manually after logging in.
4. Log in to Aeon using your Kerberos credentials (UC Davis Faculty, Staff and Students) or your Aeon username and password (Non-UC Davis affiliates).
- If you do not have an Aeon account you can create one by following the steps on the Registration for Non-UC Davis affiliates page.
5. Review the information in the New Request form and make any necessary changes. Most of the information should automatically be entered when requesting through Library Search.
6. Make sure the Volume/Container field is complete (if applicable).
- Please only include ONE volume/container per request form. Items are paged individually so each must have their own request form. If you need to request multiple items from the same collection, please use the Clone Request feature.
7. Add any notes to Library staff in the Notes or Questions for Library Staff box.
8. Choose whether you want to place the request now (Anticipated Day of Visit) or if you want to save the request for later (Save for future consideration).
- Select Anticipated Date of Visit if you know the date you will come to the Library to view the material. Materials will be retrieved for you and placed on hold. Please check your Aeon account to confirm that the item status is listed as “Available in Reading Room” before visiting. If you do not visit the Library to view your requested items, they will be returned to the stacks or offsite storage facility.
- Choose Save for future consideration if you do not know the date you will visit the Library. Please note that any request you have placed in the “Save for future consideration” category is NOT PROCESSED until you select and submit it from the “Unsubmitted Requests” listing under the “Requests” menu in the left-hand navigational bar. Please update your request in advance of your intended visit, as most materials are stored offsite.
9. Click “Submit Request” to confirm.
Email SpecColl@ucdavis.edu with any questions regarding your requests.