How to request materials from the Map Collection
The Map Collection is located on the lower level of Shields Library and is open Monday through Friday 1 PM to 5 PM except for University Holidays. The Map Collection is non-circulating, however, the majority of the collection is open stacks, so you may retrieve the maps for yourself. Limited photoduplication and digitization of maps can be done onsite, consult with the Map Assistant for more information.
Our collection is organized by the Library of Congress (LC) classification system.
Selective digitization of materials can be provided for reference, instruction or research needs. Use your Aeon account to submit requests.
- Logon or register as a “First Time User” to your Aeon account
- Select “Item Request” or “Photoduplication” in the left-hand navigation bar under “New Request”.
- If you are requesting a map to view in person by appointment then select “Item Request”
- If you want a photocopy or hi-res scan of a map then select “Photoduplication”.
- Manually enter the information for each map that you’d like to request. Be sure to include the following information in each request:
Title [from catalog record]
Location: Map Collection
Call Number: [from catalog record]
- Comments or additional information should be added in the Notes or Questions for Library Staff field at the bottom of the form.
Click “Submit Request” to confirm.