Information for Candidates
UC DAVIS LIBRARY
Current org chart
Learn More About Us
- http://laucd.lib.ucdavis.edu/ (not current)
“Membership in LAUC-D shall consist of all persons holding appointment half-time or more in the librarian series at the University of California, Davis, or in any one of the following academic titles in conjunction with their respective academic title codes: Associate University Librarian, Assistant University Librarian, Law Librarian, Associate Law Librarian, Assistant Law Librarian, or in the same series or titles in an acting capacity.”
- Appointment, promotion, and advancement: http://laucd.lib.ucdavis.edu/peerreview/#peer
UC DAVIS CAMPUS
UC Davis Front Door
- Campus and community information, housing resources
- Activities & Recreation Center (ARC) membership information: https://campusrecreation.ucdavis.edu/membership/benefits-and-information
UC DAVIS BENEFITS
- Phone number to the UC Davis Benefits office is (530) 752-1774
- UC Health and Welfare Benefits guide here: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/forms/pdf/complete-health-benefits-guide-for-employees.pdf
- Employee Medical Plan Costs (2019) https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/health-plans/medical/employee-plan-costs.html
- Effective immediately on hire
UC Davis Academic Federation
- All UC Davis academic employees, including Academic Administrator, Academic Coordinator, and Librarian series employees, are members of either the Academic Senate or the Academic Federation. Librarian Series employees are one of seventeen series part of the Federation.
- Academic Administrators, Academic Coordinators, and Librarians are non-faculty academic employees. (Faculty are “an academic appointee in a School, College, Division, Department, or Program of instruction and research who has independent responsibility for conducting approved regular University courses for campus credit.”)
LIBRARIAN SERIES ACADEMIC EMPLOYEES
APM-360 (Academic Personnel Manual), Appointment and Promotion, Librarian Series
- Librarians are appointed to the rank of Assistant Librarian, Associate Librarian, or Librarian, and as potential career, career, or temporary as specified in the job posting. In almost all instances, all Librarian series employees are hired as potential career.
- Assistant Librarians and Associate Librarians are reviewed every two years; Librarians are reviewed every three years.
- An Assistant Librarian no later than six years after appointment must stand for and secure promotion to Associate Librarian with career status or be subject to termination.
- An Associate Librarian no sooner than two years and no later than four years after appointment must stand for career status review with one of three outcomes—1) career status with the rank of Associate Librarian, 2) promotion to the rank of Librarian with career status, or 3) termination.
- A Librarian no sooner than two years and no later than three years after appointment must stand for career status review with one of two outcomes—1) career status with the rank of Librarian, or 2) termination.