NYTimes.com [via NYTimes.com Academic Passes]
Unlimited access to NYTimes.com and NYT Mobile apps, including Spanish and Chinese editions, which cover a variety of topics through breaking news articles, blogs, videos and interactive features. Includes archives from 1851 to the present (articles from 1923 to 1980 are limited to five per day per user; unlimited access to the archives is available through ProQuest Historical Newspapers). Note: First time users must create a NYT account to gain access; accounts will need to be reactivated on an annual basis.
To activate access:
Step 1: Visit AccessNYT.com while connected to the UC Davis network (including VPN)
Step 2: Search for and click the listing for “University of California, Davis – Davis, CA.”
Step 3: Click “Create Account” and complete the registration fields
If you have previously registered your email address on The New York Times site, go through Steps 1 and 2 and then click the “Already have an account? Log in here” link (below the “Create Account” button) in Step 3.
Mobile login setup, download any NYT app from the App Store and use same login credentials for unlimited access. Login to NYTimes.com directly from any location.
Here’s what you’ll get through our campus subscription:
- Access to most New York Times and International New York Times content — including news, reviews, opinion, blogs, videos and more — with no monthly limit on the number of stories you can read
- Access content on the NYT mobile app (download it from nytimes.com/mobile after creating your account)
- Email newsletters and custom alerts delivered to your inbox
- Access to nytimes.com/edu, the Times’ higher education website, including resources curated by area of study
- Historical coverage — full access to articles published from 1851 through 1922, and from 1981 to today (Note: The Times limits individual users to five articles per day from the years 1923-1980.)
- Select crosswords from the archives (the Crossword app is a separate product, but a few crosswords from the archives are available here)