Reaching Teens [via American Academy of Pediatrics]
Reaching Teens Is…
- A comprehensive toolkit that allows youth-serving professionals to apply the principles found in 3 theoretical frameworks:
▪ Positive youth development
▪ Resilience-building strategies
▪ Trauma-sensitive practices
- A toolkit that prepares youth-serving professionals to use strength-based communication strategies to support healthy adolescent development and facilitate positive behavioral-change processes
- A toolkit that prepares youth-serving professionals to address a variety of behavioral risks and mental health issues from a strength-based perspective
- Evidence-informed and theoretically driven
- Infused with diverse, expert multidisciplinary experience and the views of youth from many cultural and sociodemographic backgrounds
- Infused with wisdom and experience from leading positive youth development agencies
- A multimedia toolkit that uses written chapters, hundreds of videos, and group learning discussion processes to reinforce learning
- A continuing education product approved for credit by national organizations representing
▪ Social workers
▪ Physician assistants
▪ Health educators
(Teachers are given objectives rooted in social-emotional learning that will help them apply for local accreditation.)
- A toolkit that was shown in an external process evaluation by the University of North Texas Health Science Center to
▪ Fortify knowledge of trauma, resilience, and strength-based approaches among human service providers.
▪ Improve organizational environments, policies, and practices.
▪ Improve system communication, collaboration, and coordination of care.