Status of Your Requests
- Book Chapter
- Government Document
- Journal or Newspaper range
- Alternative Request Forms
- Academic Senate and Academic Federation Members
- UC Davis Students and Staff
- Licensed Health Care Providers
- My Account
- Activate your library card
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Document Delivery Service (DDS)
DDS delivers copies of journal articles and book chapters owned at any of the UC Davis Libraries.
Campus DDS (CDDS) allows UC Davis users to request these items and have them delivered electronically to their desktop. For many campus users this is a free service.
For users not affiliated with UC Davis, a similar fee-based DDS service is available.
If fees apply, patrons must register for DDS before placing requests.
DDS Services and Fees for:
- UC Davis Users: Campus Document Delivery Service
- Non-UC Davis Users: Fee-based Document Delivery Service
Requests are usually processed within 24-48 hours of receipt, not including weekends and holidays. Requests from the microform collection may take longer to process.
Every attempt will be made to fill all orders, but delivery cannot be guaranteed since materials are occasionally in use or missing. Requests are limited to five requests per person per day; requests submitted in excess of five per day will be processed as time allows. Requesters will be notified of delays.
Rush requests noted "PATIENT CARE EMERGENCY" will be processed immediately. Please call the appropriate Health Sciences Libraries ILL office to alert staff of your request.
- Carlson Health Sciences Library (530) 752‑6379
- Blaisdell Medical Library (916) 734‑3529
Most CDDS-DDS requests will be filled by providing an electronic copy.
Electronic copies are posted to a UC Davis library server. When the item is available, the requester is sent an email with instructions, a web address where the copy is posted, and a unique number for accessing the electronic copy. The electronic copy will be available for 30 days or five (5) downloads.
Some requests may be supplied as photocopies, at the library's discretion.
Photocopies can be delivered via USPS, FedEx or FAX. For FAX delivery, FAX machines must be able to receive at all times.
If fees apply, patrons must register for CDDS-DDS before placing requests.