Guides & Tutorials
- Connect From Off Campus
- Allows access to UC Davis licensed digital resources for UC Davis
faculty, staff, and students currently using a non-UC Davis Internet
Service Provider (ISP) or Digital Subscriber Line (DSL).
- Guide to Endnote
- Learn how to use Endnote bibliographic software, where to download it
for free, details on current Endnote classes, and more.
- Guide to the Library for Science Grad Students (https://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/ul/help/science-grad-student-guide.pdf)PDF
- An overview guide to library services and resources for
researchers in the sciences, especially useful for new faculty and grad
- IEEE Xplore
- Quick Guide to INSPEC
- Use the INSPEC databases to retrieve citations relating to physics, electrical
engineering and electronics, computers and control, and information
- Melvyl User Guide
- Guide to finding books and journals in the new Melvyl catalog.
- Patent Information and Searching
- Perform a quick patent number search, find patent information, connect to a
patent tutorial, etc.
- PubMed Guide
- PubMed contains over 11 million bibliographic citations and author's abstracts
from more than 4,000 biomedical journals dating back to the mid-1960's.
- Science Citation Index/Web
- Sample cited reference, general and advanced searches from the Institute for
- Links to search tips and user guide for the SciFinder/Chemical
- Standards & Specifications
- Quick overview of Standards and Specifications available at PSE. Also links to
- What is UC-eLinks?
- Guide to the location of selected USGS publications in PSE.