- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- My Account
- Activate your library card
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Squaring the Circle Collection.
Collection Number: D-143
- 0.4 linear feet
Squaring the Circle, a play written by Russian dramatist Valentin Katayev, was first produced at the Moscow Art Theatre in 1928. The United States production, translated by Charles Malamuth and Eugene Lyons, premiered at the Pasadena Community Playhouse in August 1935 and was later performed at the Broad Street Theatre in Philadelphia and at the Lyceum and Adelphi Theatres in New York City.
Correspondence, photographs, and ephemera relating to the play's 1935 U.S. production. Also included are several images of the cast that performed at the Moscow Art Theatre.
- Inclusive Dates
- Performing Arts
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://findaid.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt6f59r8wh)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.