Brown, Moses (1742-1827). Papers.
Collection Number: D-097
- 0.8 linear feet
- Moses Brown (October 2, 1742-February 9, 1827), prominent merchant and citizen of Newburyport, Massachusetts, developed a large foreign and domestic trade, especially in sugar, molasses and distilled rum.
- Records relating to Brown's involvement in the rum industry in the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. Included are account statements, invoices, correspondence, and distillery house orders.
- Inclusive Dates
- Viticulture and Enology
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt929022s1)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.