Sutter Basin Company Records
Collection Number: D-491
- 156 linear feet
- The Sutter Basin Company (SBC) was created for the purpose of developing 64,000 acres of agricultural lands along the Sacramento River in Sutter County. Through their efforts the levees on parts of the Sacramento River were eventually raised and the Sutter By-pass was constructed.
- Letters and telegrams from Chicago to Sacramento on all facets of the financing of the company, land sales data, crop data, and test gardens, artifacts, maps, blueprints, and ledgers.
- Inclusive Dates
- California History
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8v410ts/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.