Higgins, Floyd Halleck (1886-1975). Photographs of Mexican Sugar Beet Workers.
Collection Number: D-494
- 0.8 linear feet
- News editor for Caterpillar Tractor Company (1927-1933); freelance agricultural journalist (1933-1971).
- In 1942, Higgins took photographs of Mexicans entering the United States "brought in for the [sugar] beet harvest" for California Fields Crops, Inc. and as Higgins explains in a letter that he tried "to catch a lot of the social side in pictures." The photographs were taken mainly in the agricultural areas of the California communities of Woodland, Pleasanton, Manteca, and Salinas.
- Inclusive Dates
- Ethnic Studies
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://findaid.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt309nf08j)
- Digitized images from this collection are available on Calisphere (http://calisphere.cdlib.org/collections/9/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.