Collection Number: D-208
- 56.8 linear feet
- Non-profit corporation founded in 1972 to develop alternative energy and to contribute to a lifestyle independent of organized society. Originating in Saugus, California, and later moving to Mariposa County, the collective focused on solar and wind power generation. Earthmind's central figure, Michael Hackleman, supported the group by putting up wind machines and by publishing books and articles on alternative energy.
- Books, correspondence, ephemera, financial papers, photographs, serials, and working files relating to energy use; some of these materials were once part of a lending library on alternative energy generation.
- Inclusive Dates
- Natural Resources
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8zg6vjt/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.