- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- My Account
- Activate your library card
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
Special Collections Research Projects
Listed here are projects that are the work of Special Collections librarians in their role as librarian/scholars. These projects may provide information about resources that are not held in Special Collections, although many items may be found in our collections. The works are published here by the Department of Special Collections in order to present new scholarly information that will be of interest to researchers.
Librarian Published Projects
- California's North Coast – A Literary Watershed: charting the publications of the region's small presses and regional authors (https://files/bib-northcoast.pdf)PDF
- A geographically arranged bibliography focused on the publications of regional small presses and local authors of the North Coast of California. First edition. 121 pages.
- Gary Snyder: a bibliography of works by and about Gary Snyder (https://files/bib-garysnyder-2ed.pdf)PDF
- Based in part on the Gary Snyder Papers and other holdings of the University of California, Davis. Second edition, revised and expanded. 371 pages.
- The Sacramento/San Joaquin Literary Watershed: charting the publications of the region's small presses and regional authors (https://files/bib-sacramentosanjoaquin-2ed.pdf)PDF
- A geographically arranged bibliography focused on the publications of regional small presses and local authors of the Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys and the Sierra Nevada. Second edition, revised and expanded. 278 pages.
This list describes works by researchers who have used Special Collections resources and have cited our collections in their publications.
The Shields Scholar was a research position sponsored partially by the Library and was named for the Peter J. Shields Library at the University of California, Davis.