Diamond Jubilee of the Shields Library Building: 1940-2015

Mar 21 - Apr 30, 2016

Shields Library Lobby - Special Collections


April 1 – September 11, 2015

Peter J. Shields Lobby – Entrance

Archives and Special Collections

The year 2015 marked 75 years since the building, now known as the Peter J. Shields Library, opened. Special Collections presents an exhibit highlighting the history of the main library building. The exhibit draws on materials from several University Archives collections including the University Archives Photographs.

North wing of the Library, circa 1940 .North wing of the Library, circa 1940.