UC Davis Library Timeline – 1943: U.S. Signal Corps takes over the campus
Jan 1, 1970 -
The main reading room on the second floor became the classroom for learning code. Of this period, Nelle Branch wrote, “With only the stack and circulation area in semi-library use we worked amid well simulated battle noises from the code room and a flying squad of electricians night and day from stack roof to Loan Desk.”
Images (unless otherwise credited) are the property of the Regents of the University of California; no part may be reproduced or used without permission of the Department of Special Collections.