Food and Drink in the Library
Portions of this policy are superseded by the Library Coronavirus Policy for the duration of the COVID-19 public health crisis. Specifically:
- Food is not permitted indoors.
- Face covering may be removed momentarily while drinking.
To maintain an environment appropriate for the protection of library materials and conducive to study in all library locations we require that library users adhere to the following:
- Single serving, dry snacks and covered beverages are permitted in most areas. Greasy, messy, liquid-based (soup), or strong-smelling foods such as fast-food and pizza are not permitted in the libraries
- Food deliveries are not permitted
- Properly dispose of all food, trash, compostables, and recycling
- Clean up any spills or messes right away—if additional assistance is needed, contact library staff at any desk.
The Library reserves the right to ask any user to remove food and/or beverage from the library if, in the judgment of the staff, it constitutes a violation of this policy. In addition, failure to comply with posted restrictions or staff instructions regarding the consumption of food and beverages constitutes a violation of the Library’s Code of Conduct.