EndNote has the capability to import citations into its library. “Find Full-Text” is an additional feature that will attempt to import the full-text of the document into the document record as well. To maximize this feature, go to the preferences section of EndNote at Edit>Preferences, and follow these steps.
- In the window that appears, go to the index on the left and select Find-Full Text.
- Check the top four boxes on the right side for the various resources.
- In the box labelled Open URL Path, copy the following url: https://search.library.ucdavis.edu/openurl/01UCD_INST/01UCD_INST:UCD?
- Check the box at the bottom of the right portion of the window that says Automatically invoke Find-Full Text…
- The Find Full-Text feature will NOT retrieve full-text for every citation. It will just retrieve the full-text currently available to EndNote.
- If you do NOT check the box to automatically invoke Find Full-Text in the preferences, you will need to activate the full-text feature individually for each reference imported using the command: References>Find Full-Text>Find Full-Text.