Student Services Librarian
Think through these questions as you begin your assignment:
1. Policy/Question: What do you already know? What do you need to investigate?
2. Sources: Which types of primary and secondary sources might be helpful to find and read?
|Types of Sources:||Research Tool:|
|School District Policies||Gamut Online (Davis)
Gamut Online (Sacramento)
Find another district: California School Directory
UC Davis Administrative Policies
|Additional School & District Details||School Accountability Report Card
California School Dashboard
|State Standards and Frameworks||Content Standards
|Journal, Magazine, Newspaper Articles||Databases – Subject Guides|
|Websites (e.g. government reports, statistics)||Commercial Search Engine(s)|
3. Search/Analyze: What has been published in credible sources?
4. Refine/Expand: Revision is part of the research process! If you are finding too much, consider narrowing the G_A_P:
Broad question: What’s the impact of technology in the classroom?
More focused question: How does using a tablet/iPad (A) impact the reading comprehension (A) of students (P) in elementary schools (G)?
Use the UC Davis Library Catalog to search collections available in/through the Library.
|By KEYWORDS (Any Field):|
1. Note the call number for any title you would like to find, e.g. LC212.52 .H45 2016
2. Consult a Library Map to determine the location of the title
3. To check out a book, go to the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor of Shields Library.