Norma J. Lang Prize for Undergraduate Information Research
The Norma J. Lang Prize for Undergraduate Information Research recognizes undergraduate students whose research projects:
- Make extensive use of UC Davis Library resources, services and expertise
- Advance the students’ understanding of the academic research process
First, second and third-place prizes will be awarded every year in each of these two areas:
- Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Science, Engineering & Math
2018 is the second year of the prize.
The Norma J. Lang Prize for Undergraduate Information Research is funded by a bequest from the late UC Davis Professor Emerita of Botany, Norma J. Lang.
- Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences: first prize, $1000; second prize, $750; third prize, $500
- Science, Engineering & Math: first prize, $1000; second prize, $750; third prize $500
- Creative Works, including, but not limited to, an art installation, software program, musical composition, film or video, special project, etc.
- Empirical Research, including, but not limited to, research conducted with qualitative or quantitative methodologies, e.g., research articles and essays.
- Interpretive Analysis, including, but not limited to cultural/literary criticism, film analysis, historiographies, social criticism, etc.
Judges will utilize this Rubric to evaluate submissions.
- Start date for accepting student submission: January 5, 2018
- Student submission deadline: April 9, 2018 at 11:00 pm
- Faculty/Instructor sponsor letter: April 9, 2018
- Review period: April 10 – May 2, 2018
- Winner notification: May 7, 2018
- Winner reception: May 23, 2018