How to Apply
Students’ research may be in any academic subject or major at UC Davis.
Submissions will be considered from individuals or groups.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled, full-time UC Davis undergraduates at any class level and in any discipline. Graduate students and post-baccalaureates are not eligible.
- Have completed a creative work, empirical research or interpretive analysis paper for a credit course at UC Davis during one of the previous four quarters – winter, fall, summer or spring – including study abroad.
- Winner or finalist agrees to provide the creative work, empirical research or interpretive analysis for public display in the UC Davis Library and/or online.
- Winner or finalist agrees to attend a reception in the Shields Library where the winners will be honored.
- If you are, or ever have been, employed or currently employed at UC Davis, the submission must be unrelated to work performed during your employment.
Note: Prize/Award payments are generally subject to federal tax. California residents may be subject to state tax.
- Student submission deadline: April 10, 2017 at 11:00 pm
- Faculty/Instructor sponsor letter: April 17, 2017
- Review period: April 11-30, 2017
- Winner notification: May 5, 2017
- Winner reception: May 24, 2017