Library Coronavirus Policy
Until the Davis campus returns to normal operations, this UC Davis Library Coronavirus Policy supersedes aspects of multiple policies collocated at Library Policies, including Abuse of Library Privileges, Carrells and Lockers Use Policies, Code of Conduct, Computer Use Policies, Library Material Use Policies and Non-Affiliate Access to UC Davis Library Collections.
The Library Coronavirus Policy is grounded in several overarching principles, including:
- Protect the health of library users and library employees
- Rely on campus guidelines to minimize the transmission and spread of virus and disease
- Support both those who are on campus and those working or studying remotely
- Provide access to both electronic and physical library collections to the maximum extent possible, for the greatest number of users, in each phase
- Configure space and services to promote compliance with health and safety protocols and guidelines
These policy items may be modified as needed during the public health emergency.
Access to library facilities is limited to UC Davis employees and currently enrolled students. To enter libraries on the Davis campus, an APPROVED student/employee daily symptom survey result will serve as proof of campus affiliation. Users of Blaisdell Medical Library must use their UC Davis Health badge to enter.
Users of all library facilities must receive an APPROVED daily symptom survey result before entering. If your APPROVED result is green, you do not need to wear a face covering. If your result is purple, you must wear a face covering.
Library users must show the the APPROVED results of their daily symptom survey before being allowed entrance to library facilities on the Davis campus.
Face covering and physical distancing are no longer required for those who have been vaccinated.
Those who are unvaccinated are still expected to wear a face covering and maintain physical distancing while eating or drinking.
Some group study rooms currently remain closed.
Please send any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.