If you have an authenticated UC Davis login, you now have complimentary access to The New York Times online! The UC Davis Library has purchased an academic license to NYTimes.com for use by all students, faculty, staff, clinicians and emeriti of UC Davis and UC Davis Health.
To activate access:
- Step 1: Visit AccessNYT.com while connected to the UC Davis network (including VPN).
- Step 2: Search for and click the listing for “University of California, Davis – Davis, CA.”
- Step 3: Click “Create Account” and complete the registration fields.
If you have previously registered your email address on The New York Times site, go through Steps 1 and 2 and then click the “Already have an account? Log in here” link (below the “Create Account” button) in Step 3.
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll get through our campus subscription:
- Access to most New York Times and International New York Times content — including news, reviews, opinion, blogs, videos and more — with no monthly limit on the number of stories you can read
- Access content on the NYT mobile app (download it from nytimes.com/mobile after creating your account)
- Email newsletters and custom alerts delivered to your inbox
- Access to nytimes.com/edu, the Times’ higher education website, including resources curated by area of study
- Historical coverage — full access to articles published from 1851 through 1922, and from 1981 to today (Note: The Times limits individual users to five articles per day from the years 1923-1980.)
- Select crosswords from the archives (the Crossword app is a separate product, but a few crosswords from the archives are available here)