Today’s feature in our On This Day series takes us back to the March 4, 1972 dedication of Roessler Hall. Edward B. Roessler (1902-1993) taught on the Davis campus from 1933 until his retirement in 1970. In addition to holding a Professorship in Mathematics, he served as Chairman of the Department of Mathematics and Physics, Chairman of the Department of Mathematics, and Acting Dean of the College of Letters and Science. He also served as Dean of University Extension.
Roessler Hall houses two lecture halls and classrooms which are predominantly used by the Physics Department.