Don’t miss the Library Open House from 11am-2pm on Picnic Day, this Saturday, April 22! All activities take place in the main lobby of Shields.
- Davis 1917-2017: Celebrating 100 Years of Community: Celebrate the city centennial with a visit to this exhibition from our Special Collections, which brings historic Davis to life. Take home a free postcard of historic downtown Davis!
- Paint the town: Coloring sheets of the City of Davis will be available for kids of all ages (colored pencils provided, too).
- Campus Memories: Explore the history of UC Davis through historic maps, a video of Picnic Day 1939, a slideshow from the University Archives and issues of The Aggie from decades past.
- Special Collections Spotlight: Rare Folios and Select Items from the Isao Fujimoto Papers: Learn more about Picnic Day Parade Marshal Isao Fujimoto in this special one-day exhibition (and if you enjoy it, don’t forget to give it your vote for a Picnic Day Exhibit Award!)
- Celebrate Earth Day: Pick up free environmental, agricultural and biological science book covers – beautiful for decorations or crafts.
- Label This: Check out an interactive display about Label This, the library’s historic wine labels crowdsourcing site, featuring 5,000+ labels collected by legendary former professor Maynard Amerine.
Oh yeah, and we’ll have free cookies, too, while supplies last – so come early!