Wireless on campus — in 1916

The following is an excerpt from an article titled, “Student Installs Wireless on Farm” in the March 1, 1916 Weekly Agricola:

“Loyal D. Mealer ’17 who has been quietly installing a wireless telegraphy outfit on the tank house at the Farm, now states that his work has been successful and he is receiving many long distance messages. The wireless has been in operation for several days now, and some of the long distance messages picked up are from Honolulu, San Diego, North Head, Washington, British Columbia, and Ketchikan, Alaska. Many messages from stations closer to home have also been received.”