VPN Installation Guide: Mac
To get started, download Pulse Secure to install on your computer.
VPN Server URL: vpn.library.ucdavis.edu (step-by-step instructions below)
- After downloading Pulse Secure, locate the PulseSecure.dmg file in your Downloads folder and open it.
- Open the PulseSecure.pkg file to begin installation.
— Note: If you get an error 1205 or “PulseSecure.pkg” warning please see our FAQ.
- Click the Continue and Install buttons when prompted by the installer.
- When prompted, enter the password you use to log in to your computer, then select Install Software.
- Once the set-up is complete, select Close.
Pulse Secure is now installed! Next, let’s configure it to connect to the library VPN.
- Open Pulse Secure. You may do this in one of two ways. Either navigate to your Applications folder and locate Pulse Secure, or select the Pulse Secure icon in the menu bar at the top of your display and then select Open Pulse Secure.
- Select the Plus button to open a new connection.
- Enter the following VPN connection information and then select Add to save the connection.
Type: (do not change this setting)
Name: Library VPN (or another name of your choosing)
Server URL: vpn.library.ucdavis.edu
- “Library VPN” will now appear as an option in your Connections list. Select Connect to activate the connection.
- When prompted, enter your UC Davis Kerberos (CAS) username and password, click Connect. A secondary prompt will appear requesting your Duo code/command. See our FAQ for options, enter the option you prefer, then select Connect to complete the connection. A green checkmark will appear in your Connections list once the connection is successful.
Congratulations, you are now connected to the library VPN and have access to the library’s resources!