Add Items to a Course Reserves Reading List
Now that you’ve created a Course Reserves reading list, you’ll want to add items to the reading list. Items can be anything you want: books, DVDs, electronic articles, website, PDFs, etc. If you don’t find what you’re looking for by Searching the library catalog and databases, Create the item manually. Library staff will verify holdings and, if approved, purchase necessary material.
1. Click the Add Items button to open the searching options
2. Click Library Search and enter your search term(s) to search library holdings.
3. Locate the item in the search results. Please pay close attention to the edition! The library will process whichever edition you select, even if a newer edition is available.
4. Click the title/edition that you want to add to your reading list.
5. Select the reading list Section you want to add the item to from the drop-down menu and click Add.
6. Didn’t find what you were looking for? Click the Blank Form.
7. Enter information about the item you’d like to add. At a minimum, Title and Type is required. However, additional information such as author, ISBN, edition, etc. may be necessary to identify the correct item. If you’re adding a PDF, you will be able to drag-and-drop or browse for the file from this screen.
8. Select the reading list Section you want to add the item to from the drop-down menu and click Add.
9. Once you’ve added items to your reading list, you may want to add Tags or Notes to some or all of your citations. This is a completely optional step. When you’ve finished building your reading list (including any tags or notes that you may want to add) you’ll need to send it to the library, so that library staff can begin processing the reading list. Click through to learn more about these next steps!