Research Data Services
The Library provides services, resources, and assistance to those working with data across the research life-cycle.
Read below to see how we can assist with:
- Data Discovery and Selection
- Data Extraction, Formatting, and Visualization
- Data Management, Publishing, and Preservation
- Health Science Data at the Blaisdell Medical Library
We are available for Data Questions and Project Consultations
Tell us who you are, what you are working on, and what you need. We will put you in touch with the people who can help.
You may wish to contact a librarian directly. Use this directory to find a librarian assigned to your subject area of research: Contact a Librarian
Librarians are also listed on these Subject Guides
Additional resources can be found on the Subject Guides
If you cannot locate the data you need, let us know.
UC Davis DataLab offers a variety of services to facilitate the application of data science methods and best practices.
DataLab provides training, advice and collaboration services to UC Davis researchers at all stages of their career including:
- Developing research questions and proposals
- Using data science tools
- Obtaining, accessing and sharing data
- Cleaning, transforming, and structuring data for analysis
- Data curation, security, and privacy
- Data analysis via statistical and machine learning and modeling
- Visualization for exploratory data analysis and presentation of results
- Geospatial data services: GIS and cartography
- Computational issues
- Reproducibility and provenance
- Other data science education and implementation resources at UC Davis
DataLab hosts free workshops throughout the year on these and other topics to help researchers (students, faculty and academics) obtain technical skills and access methods for elevating data-driven research.
- Why Plan?
- How to write a data management plan
- Plan a study with a geospatial component
- Standards, vocabularies and data documentation
- Sharing data
- Dryad Repository
- Preserving and citing data
- Storage and collaboration tools
- Get a Unique Identifier
Starting a Project? See this Managing Your Data: Project Checklist
For assistance fill in the Question Form above, or write us at: email@example.com
Students, faculty and staff on the Sacramento health sciences campus looking for support with health data, including strategies to access, manage, and use data assets can contact:
The Computational Research Service, (formerly the Social Science Data Service or SSDS) provides quantitative computing, consulting and data services for the social sciences. As part of the College of Letters and Science, the CRS provides cost effective, specialized resources in support of quantitative social scientists.