All requests for Special Collections materials are now made through the Special Collections Request System (Aeon) which was implemented on December 6, 2017.
All Special Collections researchers must now use a Special Collections Request (Aeon) account to:
- Register online to use materials in Special Collections
- Request books, journals/newspapers, manuscripts and archival materials via:
- Submit requests in advance of a visit to Special Collections, or while in Special Collections
- Request duplication services (photocopies or scans)
- Request permission to use (publish) Special Collections materials
The Special Collections Request System offers additional features for researchers, including the ability to:
- Track the status of requests
- Access research history, including past requests
- Add personal tags to projects
- Submit and approve duplication orders online
Anyone can create a free Aeon account to conduct research at Special Collections. See more instructions below.
Visit aeon.library.ucdavis.edu to get started!
Please note: all requests for Special Collections materials are made through Aeon, the UC Davis Special Collections Request System. We no longer accept paper call slips or paper order forms.