Diamond Jubilee of the Shields Library Building: 1940-2015

Special Collections Display Cases
March 21 – April 30, 2016

Peter J. Shields Lobby
April 1 – September 11, 2015

The year 2015 marked 75 years since the building, now known as the Peter J. Shields Library, opened. Special Collections presents an exhibit highlighting the history of the main library building. The exhibit draws on materials from several University Archives collections including the University Archives Photographs.

North wing of the Library, circa 1940 .North wing of the Library, circa 1940.