The Bioethics Research Library at Georgetown University covers literature about ethical issues in medicine and biomedical research. It includes journal articles, book chapters, bills, laws, court decisions, reports, books, audiovisuals, and news articles.
DARE contains abstracts of systematic reviews that have been quality-assessed. DARE covers such diverse topics as diagnostic tests, public health, health promotion, pharmacology, surgery, psychology, and the organization and delivery of health care.
The Ovid interface to MEDLINE.Citations and abstracts for articles published in approximately 8,400 journals in medicine, life sciences, health administration, veterinary medicine, nursing, molecular biology and genetics. MEDLINE is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Embase is a biomedical and pharmacological database containing bibliographic records with citations, abstracts and indexing derived from biomedical articles in peer reviewed journals, and is especially strong in its coverage of drug and pharmaceutical research and conference abstracts.Embase contains over 22 million records spanning 1974-present, with over 1 million records added annually. Each record contains the full bibliographic citation, indexing terms, and codes; and 80% of all citations in Embase include author-written abstracts. The Embase journal collection is international with over 7,500 active peer-reviewed journals more than 90 countries. All MEDLINE records produced by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) are included, as well as over 5 million records not covered in MEDLINE. Broad biomedical scope covering the following areas:
- Drug therapy and research, including pharmaceutics, pharmacology and toxicology
- Clinical and experimental (human) medicine
- Basic biological science relevant to human medicine
- Biotechnology and biomedical engineering, including medical devices
- Health policy and management, including pharmacoeconomics
- Public, occupational and environmental health, including pollution control
- Veterinary science, dentistry, and nursing
- Psychiatry and mental health, including substance dependence and abuse
- Forensic science
- Alternative and complementary medicine
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Wonder provides a single pont of access to a wide variety of reports and numeric public health data. Drill down by topic, browse a-z list, or search by keyword to find statistics and data.