Need help accessing an Elsevier journal article?

Click here

Tagged: Then & now

News
As the exhibit celebrating the centennial of the City of Davis enters its final weeks on display, we were inspired to add one more piece to it with the following “Then & Now” images of Davis.  The historic images below are from Special Collections and the present day photographs ...
May 17, 2017 • Sara Gunasekara
News
Our latest Then & Now installment takes us to a place near and dear to us, the Main Reading Room of Shields Library. The north wing of the Library, which houses the Reading Room, was completed in 1940. Prior to the completion of this building the Library was housed ...
February 4, 2015 • Sara Gunasekara
News
The latest installment in the Then & Now series takes us to one of the oldest original campus buildings that is still standing, South Hall. The building was constructed in 1912 as a dormitory to house sixty-seven men. It remained a dormitory until 1961 when it was converted to ...
September 25, 2014 • Sara Gunasekara
News
In celebration of the first day of the Davis public schools, here is the latest installment of our Then & Now series. You may recognize this building and know its current use, but do you know why it was originally built? This brick Romanesque Revival structure, located at 23 ...
August 27, 2014 • Sara Gunasekara
News
Our latest installment in the Then & Now series brings us back to Shields Library, specifically to the Circulation Desk. The “then” photo was taken in 1979 when the Loan Desk (as it was then known) and the main entrance were located in the East Wing of the ...
June 26, 2014 • Sara Gunasekara
News
Our previous Then & Now feature found us at the corner of 2nd & G Streets in Davis. Traveling further east on 2nd Street, we’ll come to our next location in the series. The Southern Pacific Depot, located at 840 2nd Street, was constructed in 1913. The station serves ...
April 21, 2014 • Sara Gunasekara