Will you be starting a project from scratch that will require your attention for months, even years OR are you continuing a project started by somebody else?
The Data Management Program is here to help make both of these situations less painful. We can help you with
- Organization: keep track of your files so that you know what is in them
- Consistent data entry: design data collection forms in such a way that everybody doing the same experiment records the results the same way every time
- Database structure: move from unwieldy spreadsheets to databases
- GIS and maps: consult with our GIS expert on all stages of a project that includes geospatial data, from planning to creating interactive maps.
- Finding data: not all data sharing portals are obvious, and we can help with that.
- Cleaning data: stop doing repetitive copy/paste; check out some of our workshops to find a better way
- Getting credit for data: get your dataset noticed and cited by placing it in the right data repository
Note: many funding agencies require that you provide open access to your data!