- My Account
- Activate your library card
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
University Library News
Join Us for Open Access Week 2012
Open Access Week, a global event now entering its sixth year, is an opportunity to discuss and learn about the potential benefits of open access publishing. As the UC community debates open access mandates, faces federal data sharing requirements, and along with the rest of the worldwide research and academic community debates how to work with an ever-increasing amount of scholarly information, Open Access Week is more relevant and important than ever.
Please join the UC Davis Library in celebrating Open Access Week 2012 with three special events:
- Should You Publish in Open Access Journals?
- This session will include a short introduction to OA publishing, followed by a facilitated audience discussion on the pros and cons of publishing in open access journals, led by Michael Rogawski M.D., Professor of Neurology. Bring your questions and come ready to participate!
Monday, October 22, 3:00-4:00pm
Education Building Room 1204, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento Campus [map]
- Open data and open access: expert panel discussion
- Four experts — MacKenzie Smith (UCD University Librarian), Jonathan Eisen (UCD Professor and PLoS Biology editor), Timothy Vollmer (Creative Commons) and Carly Strasser (DataOne and California Digital Library) will debate the merits of open access and open data and discuss recent developments in scholarly publishing and sharing data. Come with your questions for what promises to be a lively, cutting-edge discussion!
Wednesday, October 24, 11:30am-1:00pm
Nelle Branch room, 2nd floor Shields Library [map]
- Data Management for Researchers: Organizing, Describing, and Sharing your Data
- This workshop, presented by Carly Strasser, will introduce researchers to basic data management principles and demonstrate tools you can use to organize and share data. Not sure whether you should be publishing your data, or how to get started? Come to this workshop!
Wednesday, October 24, 2:00-3:00pm
Library Instruction Lab, 1st floor Shields Library [map]
Published: October 19, 2012