- How to Use the VPN
- Desktop & Notebook Clients
- Mobile Device Clients
- Questions and Known Issues
- License Restrictions
- Barriers to Licensing Electronic Journals, Books, or Databases
- How to Remove the Proxy Configuration
- Contact Library Technical Support
- My Account
- Activate your library card
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
How to Set Up Connection - Step A. Set Your Browser to Use the Proxy Service
- Click on the wrench icon on the far right of the menu bar.
- Choose "Options".
- Choose the "Under the hood" tab.
- Click on the "Change proxy settings" button.
- Click on the "Connections" tab.
- Click on the "LAN settings" button.
- REMOVE check mark beside "Automatically detect settings".
- ADD check mark beside "Use automatic configuration script".
In the "Address" dialog box immediately below, enter:
Completeness, spelling, and punctuation are required.
- Click "OK" to return to "Internet Properties".
- Click "OK" to return to "Google Chrome Options".
- Click "Close" to dismiss the Options menu.
Return to How to Set Up Connection.