- How to Use the VPN
- Desktop & Notebook Clients
- Mobile Device Clients
- Questions and Known Issues
- License Restrictions
- Barriers to Licensing Electronic Journals, Books, or Databases
- How to Remove the Proxy Configuration
- Contact Library Technical Support
- My Account
- Activate your library card
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
- UC Davis Open Access Fund
How to Set Up Connection - Step A. Set Your Browser to Use the Proxy Service
- Select "Preferences" from the "Firefox" menu.
- Click on "Advanced."
- Click on the "Network" tab below the row of icons.
- Click on "Settings" under "Connection."
Enter the following URL into the field labeled "Automatic Proxy Configuration URL":
WARNING: Avoid common mistakes.
- When using Copy and Paste to enter the URL, be sure there is NO space in front of the http://
- Do not omit the http:// in the URL. It is necessary.
- Click the button labeled "Reload".
- Click the button labeled "OK".
- Close your browser and reopen it.
Return to Connect From Off Campus to Authenticate.
Return to How to Set Up Connection.