Virtual Picnic Day
Join us on Saturday, April 17, 2021, for Virtual Picnic Day! The library will be hosting online activities for all ages — check out the details here:
- UC Davis Trivia: Test your knowledge about UC Davis history! Play at 2:00pm or 2:30pm PT on April 17 via Zoom. Advance registration recommended.
- Shields Library Instagram Art Recreation Challenge: Recreate an artwork from Shields Library using commonplace materials from your own home. Prizes for the best approximation and for the most creative use of a household item.
- Children’s Storytime: You don’t have to be a kid — or even have one — to enjoy these delightful picture book readings by English Professor Fran Dolan, filmed in the Shields Library Courtyard.
- Online Exhibits: Explore our newest exhibit, Student Life in Color, featuring color photography of some of UC Davis’s most cherished traditions, or the history of Picnic Day: By the Decade.
- Coloring Sheets: Download, print and color any of our Davis-themed coloring sheets (PDFs) and share your work with us by 11:59pm on Sunday, April 18 for a chance to win!
Test your knowledge of UC Davis history! Compete against other students and alums in 30 minutes of campus trivia, featuring fun facts and photos from the University Archives.
Join via Zoom. We recommend using a computer or tablet for the best experience. Questions will be shown using Quizziz, a free app you can download to your device or use via your web browser.
Register in advance to save your spot and get the Zoom link to play on Saturday, April 17, 2021:
- Round 1: 2:00pm PT
- Round 2: 2:30pm PT
Select one session only; questions will be the same. Two rounds are being offered to accommodate more players. Each round is limited to 100 players.
Download, print and color any of the coloring sheets below (PDF downloads) on Picnic Day weekend. Share your work with us by 11:59pm on Sunday, April 18 for a chance to win a prize. Happy coloring, and have fun!
Five winners will be selected at random from all those submitted in each age category:
- Children under 10
- Older kids and teens (ages 11-17)
- UC Davis students
Click an image to download the PDF
Looking for more Picnic Day fun? Check out the other virtual activities happening “across campus” at picnicday.ucdavis.edu.